This post uses affiliate links, they don’t cost you a thing. Read more in blog disclaimers.
What, you drink dirt?
Well, yes I do.
Crazy right? Well, only if wanting to be healthy is crazy.
Why would I drink dirt? Well here are some of the benefits.
Benefits of drinking Bentonite Clay:
- Absorbs toxins from the body.
- Absorbs parasites.
- Absorbs heavy metals.
- Helps with digestion and removes toxic waste from bowels.
- Provides vitamins and minerals.
- Helps withs stomach aches, indigestion, acid reflux, constipation, diarrhea, and heartburn.
- PH balance (Bentonite clay is very alkalizing)
- Balancing bacteria in the gut.
- Strengthening the immune system.
- Cleansing the liver, colon, and skin.
How Clay Works:
Bentonite clay is compromised mostly of negative ions and toxins and heavy metals in the body are made of positive ions.
Bentonite clay works like a magnet that binds to toxins and helps to eliminate it out of the body.
There are two main types of Bentonite Clay.
1. Sodium Bentonite, when activated by water it can swell up to six times its size and has electromagnetic properties. This makes it very absorbent and helpful for drawing out toxins.
2. Calcium Bentonite particles are smaller compared to Sodium Bentonite, which makes it more effective for remineralizing than drawing toxins out of the skin. These small particles can pass through the colon wall into the bloodstream where it gets rid of toxins and leaves minerals behind.
Bentonite Clay is a great Detox.
You may also experience some detox symptoms when you first begin to use.
- Body aches
- Sinus Issues
- Flu symptoms
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Digestive Upset
Remember to start slow and drink LOTS of water.
Don’t let your clay come in contact with metal! The negative ions will absorb the ions from the metal and then the clay loses some of its pull and you will be drinking some metals which will bind to the clay and be excreted, but still, you are ingesting metal.
Recipe for Bentonite Clay water.
1/2 tsp to 1 tbsp Bentonite Clay (start with a tsp and work your way up)
8 oz filtered water
Use a wooden or plastic spoon to add clay to water. Shake or stir until combined and drink.
I use a protein shaker with a plastic “thunder ball” to get it to mix up smoothly.
Start out with 1/2 teaspoon and make sure to take breaks to help with detox symptoms.
Take clay for a few days then take a few days off. Also, it is important to take medication and vitamins either 30 minutes before or 2 hours after you ingest clay.
External uses for Bentonite Clay are:
- DIY Shampoo
- DIY Deodorant
- DIY Toothpaste or Powder
- Detox Baths
- Bug Bites and Bee Stings
- Cuts and Scrapes
- Poison Ivy
- Armpit detox
There are much more which I will highlight later.
Those with iron absorption issues or high blood pressure should not take Bentonite Clay.
If you have concerns check with your doctor.
Do you use Bentonite Clay?
Could you benefit from its use?