This post uses affiliate links, they don’t cost you a thing. Read more in blog disclaimers.
This week I want you to challenge yourself to something we all need but most of us are not getting enough of, Water!
Water is an essential nutrient and our body can’t function without it. Our bodies are 50 to 70 percent water.
- Kidneys need water to eliminate toxins and waste products from the body.
- Our brain is 70 to 75 percent water. When the brain doesn’t get enough water, it can’t think or send messages to the body as effectively.
- Our muscles are 70 to 75 percent water. When we are dehydrated, our muscles don’t work as well. They get tired and you cannot run as fast or jump as high. Your muscles tighten up.
- Water is essential for proper circulation in the body and vital to every cell.
- We need water to help remove toxins from the body, in particular from the digestive tract.
- Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation.
- Drinking plenty of water helps fight flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
- Water helps moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles.
- It helps relieve and prevent headaches which are commonly caused by dehydration.
Below is a graphic that shows the best times to drink water
To determine how much water you need each day, divide your body weight in half. The answer is the approximate number of water ounces you should drink daily.
Try this out for 1 week. Let us know what positive changes you see. Drinking water is such an easy way to improve your health! After one committed week, it will easily become routine.